City Hall – Dublin
City Hall is the headquarters of Dublin City Council and the place where the Lord Mayor and City Councillors hold meetings to discuss present and future plans of Dublin. City Hall was originally built as the Royal Exchange and was completed in 1779. It was used by the merchants of Dublin as a financial centre until 1851 when Dublin Corporation bought the building, renamed it City Hall and embarked on a programme of alterations. The building underwent a two-year refurbishment programme and has now been restored to its former eighteenth century glory. School tours for primary and secondary schools are free but must be booked in advance.